Originally a 15th century tower of 4 four storeys of which the topmost was vaulted. Fa'side suffered badly at the Battle of Pinkie (1547) after which it was enlarged by the addition of a new range equipped with corner turrets.
Long ruinous (and in danger of demolition) Fa'side was rescued at the last moment. Restoration began in 1976 and was complete by 1982.
The present owners, both SCA members, continue to make improvements and the castle is now in excellent hands.